8/25/2009 12:28:17 PM
ParenThots Forum Guidelines
A warm welcome to all new members and to all parents! Thank you for signing up as a member of this exciting portal aimed at connecting parents in Malaysia and abroad.
Like any other community, we need to observe some ground rules in order to enjoy courteous and friendly conversations and debates.
ParenThots e-Community etiquette:
1. Contributions must be civil and tasteful.
2. Avoid offensive language and behaviour.
3. Avoid unlawful or objectionable content e.g. defamatory, abusive, threatening, obscene, sexually oriented, racially or religiously offensive material.
4. No advertising. But we welcome members to place banner ads on the website. Yes, it is not free.
5. No spamming.
6. No impersonation.
7. No flaming or personal attacks on other forum members.
The basic idea is to make everyone who wants to participate in this forum feel comfortable and welcome. These rules are a guideline so that nobody gets abused (on ParenThots and even visitors who are just reading the comments). It also protects all of us from getting into trouble with the law or getting sued.
Please note that all comments are moderated and will be edited (if deemed necessary). Highly offensive or abusive comments will be deleted.
Laws still apply.
While we encourage you to write on any parenting or parent-related and family-related topic, be mindful that there are laws governing the publication of content - regardless of whether the content is in print or online. Don't post anything that can be deemed defamatory or seditious.
Practise good judgment here, as you would out there in the offline world.
Lastly, have a great time sharing your parenting challenges and experiences!