Posted by: Sharmila Rajah Post(s) by this blogger
A little voice rang out in the changing room. ďMy mumís always trying on new clothes.Ē There was a hint of frustration in her voice. I smiled as I slipped on yet another dress over my bulging belly.
Itís a great time to be preggers. What with baby-doll dresses, tube, empire-waist and wrap dresses lining up the racks. Expectant mothers, these days, have an easier task showing off their bumps in style. Iím not one of those afraid to accentuate
It's possible to be trendy and fashionable while being preggers... (pic sourced from the Internet)
So hereís how to maintain a sense of style during these nine months:
- Explore different fabrics, texture and designs. Sail through the day in a silk empire waist dress. Go for ruffled hems and fringes. Those hippie tops, which flare at the stomach and tie at the back, are oh-so perfect!
- Try on a pair of maternity pants/ jeans. These are perfect for any occasion. Or fashionable maternity skirts with waist bands that expand with each growing month.
- Funky t-shirts and tank tops. Make sure these come in stretchy material so they grow with you.
- Loose fitting yoga-style pants. Great for the home and outdoors.
- Refrain from concealing your bulge in baggy clothes. Opt for slim, close-fitting styles that are not only comfy but caress your rounder silhouette.
- Accessorise. Punch up any outfit with some chunky beads, funky shoes and bags.
Topshop and Metrojaya carry their own maternity range. Also check out Bump in Style (Plaza Damas), a boutique that carries foreign designs. Yes, these may not be in the budget but boutiques like Cats Whiskers (Bangsar/ Desa Sri Hartamas/ Damansara Perdana/ Subang Jaya), Gossips (Bangsar) and Lurve It (The Curve) have great regular fashion that will flatter any expectant mum's growing figure.
It takes a certain chutzpah to pull off being a fashionable mum. So I say flash that belly in styleÖ girl!