It's baaaaack! Yes, we're talking about the ParenThots Family Day!
It's half a day of fun, games and food, giving parents a chance to bond with their children. It also offers children a chance to play some fair-like games or even just run around.
This year we have face-painting, a crafts workshop, a chance to play all sorts of games and win prizes and a chance to decorate your own cupcake or sandwich.
For parents, there will be special quiz games – study some of the topics on ParenThots if you want to win exciting prizes from Blackmores, Borders Bookstores, John Wiley & Sons, Kids Station, Philips Malaysia and Scholastic Books.
We're having it in August this year as the end of year tends to coincide with the rainy season.
The details are as follows:
Date: Aug 7, 2010 (Saturday)
Venue: Padang Astaka, Lorong Utara Kecil, Petaling Jaya
To register, email email@example.com with your full name, IC number and the number of adults and children attending.
- Ivory toss
- Velcro stick
- Ball toss
- Tee off
- Tin ball
- Buzzer challenge
Game for parents:
Quiz Time (best prizes saved for this – questions will be based on articles in ParenThots)
- Agnesi pasta
- Gourmet Goo baby food (http://www.gourmetgoo.com/)
- Crafts by mummy blogger Merryn Tan (www.crafty-crafted.com)
- DIODE! Camp (www.diodecamp.com)
- Lynn's Butter n Cream (selling cupcakes and brownies)
- Dish Deli (http://www.dish.com.my/)
- U Cafe - the mobile cafe that comes to you (selling Bubble Tea, Ice Blended Coffee, Hot & Cold drinks as well as Herbal Tea)
Other fun stuff:
- Decorate a cupcake/sandwich by Whipnwhisk (Whipnwhisk.com)
- Balloon sculpture
John Wiley & Sons
Kids Station Marketing (http://www.kids.net.my/)
Goodie bag sponsors:
Reasons to attend:
- It's a fun outing with the kids
- It's a chance to mingle with other parents
- It's a chance to meet ParenThots
- It's a chance for ParenThots to meet you
- It's the BEST fun you'll have this August
- There is free food
- Great prizes
- Entrance is FREE!!
- The first 100 who registered will receive a GOODIE BAG (with an exclusive limited edition ParenThots shopping bag). We have already surpassed 100 registrants.
- Breakfast and lunch will NOT be served. There will be light refreshments as long as they last.
- If you plan to be there for the whole event do bring a bottle of water just in case we run out of water.
- No pets allowed.
- Giveaways will be given out on a first come first served basis and as long as they last, too.
- Please be patient on the day. You're there for your kids, and not for free food, drink or prizes. Leave your kiasuness at home.
- Above all, have fun.